Thursday, May 21, 2009

WOW!


OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kris actually won, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously the Doak house was thrilled last night with the results of Season 8's American Idol!!!! Did Stella call it waaaaaaay back in the early weeks, or what???? That kid may have a talent in the music industry!!!


For some reason the finale show didn't seem as painfully long as the ones in years past. I was actually enjoying it! Some highlights:


Kara outsinging Bikini Girl...and then STRIPPING! Ha! I'm sure she didn't win any haters over with that act, but I kind of thought it was funny...Ryan's joke about Bikini Girls implants....not so much....


Kris' duet with Keith Urban...pretty awesome!


Adam Lambert's mom wearing leather, fingerless gloves in support of her son...go Mom Lambert!!


Megan Joy actually sounding not horrible while performing with Michael Sarver and Steve Martin???


Allison's duet with Cyndi Lauper....totally awesome!!!!


and of course...Kris WINNING!!!!!!!!! How sweet and adorable was the shot of him hugging his wife and bawling his eyes out...sweet, sweet sweet!! I think America got it right. I don't think Kris is mediocre despite what some people say. And despite that horrible first single he has to work with, I think Kris will make a name for himself...I don't think Adam will have any problems in that department either!!!
It's been great chatting about the Idol this year. I'm sad it's come to an end so quickly!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your Kris, I actually think it is great that he one since the judges were all about Adam.

    I thought it was an awesome show, I loved all the duets they did. It was great b/c they matched them perfectly to artist similiar to them. I loved it. I actually thought Megan sounded horrible the entire night. did you see her dancing in the aisle to Fergie? It was so bad it was funny.

    I actually like Kara a little after last night. She can sing and I have to give the chick credit for stripping down to her bathing suit. I actually was dying laughing at the boob joke Ryan made b/c it was soooo obvious she had them done. She is a little too organge for me but gotta give the chick credit for wearing a bathing suit on live tv in front of that many viewers...then again if I was that skiny I would do that to!

    The KISS song was funny...what the heck was Adam wearing. I am sure he was soooo excited to put on his dress up clothes and sequin eye liner to rock out with Kris. It will be interesting to see where his career goes from here.

    I was glad to FINALLY see Kris wife attually look happy and excited for him! It always seemed like she just put on a smile when the camera was on her face, but last night she actually looked happy for her hubby.

    Well now we have to move on to So you Think you can Dance! Can't wait :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Stella and I are pretty excited about So You Think You Can Dance!!! We might even keep up the Stella cam if the contestants are interesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete