Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CHKD 8K, Saturday June 13th...Donate To An AWESOME Cause




I don't know why I agreed to this BUT Jay has signed us BOTH up for the CHKD 8K run! Many of you know I am NOT the athletic type by any means, but I have really gotten into running. After my surgery in February I wanted to find a way to get into shape and running seems to be as good a way as anything else...only problem with running is....well, it's extremely difficult. Especially for someone like me who has never really worked out regularly in their entire life!!! I seriously, in the beginning, could not even run to the end of my street without thinking I was going to drop dead. I'm still not sure if I can actually run for the entire duration of the 8K, but I am fairly certain I can make it to the end of the race alive (gosh, I hope I can)...




Jay has been determined and passionate about this race. He really wanted to give back to the hospital that has given us so much. Quinn was there the first two weeks of his life in the NICU and little Ashlyn had eye surgery twice last year @ the hospital. Those were the most stressful times of my life, but I believe my kids were in the best hands @ Norfolk's Children's Hospital. We are blessed to have such a wonderful facility in our area! I remember when Quinn first got transferred over to KD. He was not even one day old. Jay and I were terrified. We didn't even know if Quinn would live. We saw things in those ten days @ the CHKD NICU that we will never forget including, the healing of our precious little boy. So, please consider donating to our team! We hope to raise $500, but would be thrilled with more!! We will forever be indebted to the doctors and nurses at CHKD. This is our tiny way of giving back......




Here is the link to our team page where you can make a donation!!!!!











3 comments:

  1. I am excited we are doing this as a family .... should I up my life insurance first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can resist an appeal like that? Certainly, not Grams! Such cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Jay!! Good Luck Donna!! Just envision Robert Patterson at the finish line. This would inspire me to not run in the race at all (which is exactly what I plan on doing!), But maybe it will do something for you. Jay, running into the opens arms of Mr. Patterson may not do anything for you either but we're trying to inspire Donna here. Work with me.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete