Friday, May 15, 2009

My New "Interest"....This Is A Good One!!!!!!!!!!


So, I was @ a birthday party last Saturday and I met this super mom, Stephanie...As we started talking I realized she was really into clipping coupons. I dabbled a little into coupon clipping last summer, but never really got the AMAZING results I heard other people on TV talking about! I was happy if I saved $20 a week, but couldn't believe some stories of women walking out of the store with hundreds of dollars worth of merchandise for only pennies!! So anyway, I was chatting with Stephanie when she told me she spent a jaw dropping $200 per month on her groceries (that's including toilet paper, people!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and she doesn't do Wal-Mart or Sams club........ She has three kids like me and needless to say, I was inspired. So, this morning armed with a few tips Stephanie had given me and my coupons, I hit Bloom for triple coupon day!!! My results were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got $141.09 worth of merchandise for.....drumroll please......$51.89!!!!!!!!! How cool is that? Very, right? So here is a list of what I got in case you are skeptical that I purchased actual food products!!!! The price beside the item is what I paid for it!


Utz Ripple Chips (2)---$4.00

Eggo Waffles (2)---$3.79

Perdue Perfect Portions bnlss/sknlss chicken breast 24 oz (2)--$6.74

Ground Beef 3lbs---$5.82

Betty Crocker cake mix--$1.00

Betty Crocker icing--FREE

Knorr Pasta Sides noodles (2)--FREE

Maruchan Yakisoba Japanese noodles (5)---FREE

3lb bag of apples---$2.99

French's Fried Onions (5)---FREE

Bananas 1.22lbs--$.47

Red Grapes 2lbs.----$2.07

French's Worchester Sauce (2)---$.40

French's Yellow Mustard (5)----FREE

Minute Maid Cherry Limeade (2)--$1.58

Tyson Chicken Tenders (5)---$6.75 (that's $1.35 per box!!!)

Edward's Key Lime Pie (3)---2.25

Edward's Pecan Pie (2)--1.50

Dannon 6oz yogurt (6)--$1.20

Old Orchard Juice 64 oz (2)----$2.00

And finally...my only mistake of the shopping trip was

Kraft 2% milks singles (2)---$8.38 (very bummed about this one...the flavor cheese I got was NOT one of the ones on special...a newbie mistake for sure)....


GRAND TOTAL before tax---$50.94


Needless to say, I am thrilled with my results....I'll keep you all posted on my future shopping trips...K-Mart is having SUPER-DOUBLE coupons starting Sunday so I am all over that one....Wish me luck and take care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. I like this, I am looking at the receipts.

    Receipt 1 - Charged $28.06, saved $59.19
    Receipt 2 - Charged $23.83, saved $30.01

    And we have pie for dessert ....

    I love my Wife!!! Must find a way to show my appreciation ....

    ReplyDelete