Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Brown Diggy!!


So today is Brown Diggy's 10th b-day. 'Yo, That's like 70 in Diggy years," Brown Diggy has reminded me...For those of you who don't know about Brown Diggy, I will educate you: Ten Easters ago I woke up to find this adorable stuffed bear? in my Easter basket. Jay had found him @ Target and thought he was cute. We decided that this animal wasn't really a bear, but kind of a combination between a monkey and a bear...a monkey-bear, perhaps? I named him Diggy and for some reason became extremely attached to him...When Jay's b-day came around I headed to Target and found another monkey-bear. I snatched him up to include with Jay's b-day gift and Blue Diggy was born. The diggys, in many ways, became our alter egos and after a long day Jay and I would convene at home and spend some quality time with each other and with the Diggys. They would often express the things that Jay and I wouldn't feel comfortable saying directly to each other. The Diggys developed quite the personalities and they weren't always nice:


"Yo, Brown Diggy you stink today."
"Whatever, Blue Diggy, you're not even Blue....You're green."


But they were always funny. Blue Diggy was an aspiring performer. He took his pain of losing Pink Diggy and turned it into a phenomenal ballad. Brown Diggy was a fantastic tumbler in his day. His acrobatic skill always impressed me and Jay. The Diggys traveled with us wherever we went...even making it to the hospital for the birth of Stella and Ashlyn. And when little Quinn was in the NICU we snuck Brown Diggy into Quinn's little bed. I'm convinced Brown Diggy played a huge part in Quinn's recovery. I even brought Brown Diggy with me to the hospital when I had my thyroid removed. All the doctors and nurses probably thought my sweet little children had given me one of their beloved stuffed animals for good luck. Little did they know that beloved stuffed animal was MINE. And so I wish my very loved Brown Diggy a very happy 10th birthday.


3 comments:

  1. I SO remember when Brown Diggy first came to your house!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday fool ....

    Blue Diggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess i's better to act out your anger with ted/monkey than each other..did you learn this in syc class? Well Happy Birthday Diggys....

    ReplyDelete