Friday, April 3, 2009

Come On! I Can't Be The ONLY One!


You would think that being married for nearly eight years would guarantee that Jason knew nearly everything about his loving spouse (me), but Jay recently discovered a little secret that I had unintentionally kept from him for the entire duration of our relationship and that is--I have NEVER had a McDonald's Big Mac. Nope, not ever...I've never even tried one, nor have I had the desire to. It's not that I don't eat meat, or enjoy the occasional hamburger. In fact, my favorite combo meal @ McDonald's is their two cheeseburger meal. So why not a Big Mac, you ask?...Well the simple answer is I don't like wet bread...at all..it freaks me out...I really can't have any "special sauce" on my bread, or ketchup for that matter...Mustard doesn't bother me...So the special sauce has completely and always ruled out the Big Mac option for me...I tried to explain this to my shocked husband, but he wasn't hearing it...He didn't believe me...He was CONVINCED I was lying (why, to sound cool?) and then his disbelief took an ugly turn and he accused me of being UNPATRIOTIC! Since when was eating or NOT eating a BIG MAC associated with ones' level of Americaness? Is it THAT unusual that I've never had a Big Mac? So, Jay and I took a very unscientific poll (umm we asked my in laws) to find out if I was, indeed, in the minority (as if my in laws needed ONE more reason to think I was weird)...And guess what, people? I AM in the minority. If this is as shocking to you as it was to me then please help me out! I'm opening this poll up to include a broader cross section of people and I want your honest answers...no trying to be cool : ) Have you, yes or no, ever consumed a Big Mac? I'm looking for one or two compatriots here (all puns intended)...to prove to Jay that I'm not the weirdo he thinks I am!!! Take care ya'll and have a great weekend........

5 comments:

  1. We have been married almost 9 years, not 8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAAH Now you are Un American AND a bad wife :P

    OK, and I am not saying this just to be like you..NEVER have I tried a Big Mac. Never. Also...special sauce...no.

    I have tried a whopper tho. No mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had one either. Jay might already think I'm weird, though, so I'm not sure what this proves...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Elizabeth the piano teacher. I have chickens in my house. I have never had a Big Mac. I don't know which is weirder. I am not in the group to showcase to Jay that "people who do not consume Big Macs aren't weird"! I am sorry. I also have no clue how long my husband I have been together. Maybe there is a connection!

    ReplyDelete