Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An Update

Hey Everyone:

Life for the Doak family has been running fairly smoothly! Homeschool continues to be challenging, chaotic, messy, and wonderful! The girls are learning so quickly and it's fun to watch little Quinn absorb some of what his big sisters are learning. Our family time together has certainly been a blessing and something I will always cherish as a mom.

Stella and Ashlyn continue to take dance @ TR Dance in Norfolk and are both simply loving it!! The studio is fantastic with wonderful teachers and a very homey feel! Stella also auditioned for the Richmond Ballet's production of The Nutcracker. Competition was quite stiff though, and she did not get a part, but has told me she's excited to audition again next year. I was so proud of her for trying out and having such a fantastic attitude about not being selected.

Exciting things have been happening to us regarding our church, Real Life! We moved into our new building on October 4th! Nearly 700 people attended the church's grand opening services!! Jay played guitar with the band during both services and sounded FANTASTIC!!! It was quite an exciting day!! Both girls are in the church's Christmas play and have been attending Sunday evening rehearsals for several weeks now! We are so blessed and happy to have found such a wonderful church to attend. I'm looking forward to becoming even more involved! We have made so many wonderful friends in such a short time and I really hope that any of you out there reading this who are curious about our church, take a chance and come on out!! We are so happy there!

The girls continue to take piano lessons from our fantastic friend, Elizabeth....as if church, ballet, and homeschool weren't enough to keep our girls busy!!! Quinn has also got in on the musical action. Elizabeth has been giving him mini lessons for the past couple of weeks and I think he's really quite brilliant for being only two!! Christmas recital is right around the corner. Ashlyn is working on Jingle Bells and Stella is practicing every other Christmas song written. I'll keep everyone posted on the next recital date as soon as it is decided!!!
Keep an eye open for new blog entries...both of the little ones (Ashlyn and Quinn) are celebrating birthdays in the upcoming couple of weeks!! October is such an exciting and busy time for the Doak family!!!

I've sunk to new lows in my Twilight obsession...I'm burying this little tidbit of info deep within my blog entry in hopes of no one reading this far down, but I bought these cool? Edward and Bella dolls----for the kids to play with...I'll include some pics...oh my, that sounded very weird when I typed it into recorded history. I clearly have a major problem...
Love to all!
















2 comments:

  1. Is that R.o.t.N in the second picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no....you bought the dolls. HA for "the kids" to play with.

    ReplyDelete