Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Jason and I will celebrate our ninth wedding anniversary on Wednesday, October 14th. Anniversaries, I suppose, are a time to reflect on the time spent with your spouse...A time to evaluate what's working, what's not...time to take a step back and appreciate what you have with your significant other. So, in the spirit of appreciation, I have composed a little list of some of the reasons I love my hubby...I picked nine to honor our nine years together....

Top Nine Things I Love About Jason Doak

1. He smells good...Really... This counts for a lot in a marriage...

2. He comes home every day after work....This might not seem like a biggy, but believe me, with as crazy as things can get around here, I don't know if I would do the same if our roles were reversed and I worked outside the house...

3. He is a fantastic father...He's there for every milestone! He doesn't sit and observe our kids..He gets in there and helps with them, plays with them, takes them to the doctor, takes them to get haircuts, goes shopping for their birthday presents, listens to them, helps them with school work, teaches them, reads to them, tucks them into bed.. He KNOWS our kids: their likes, dislikes, hopes, fears, dreams, quirks...everything about them...to say he is a "hands-on" dad is a grave understatement...This guys was BORN to be a dad and I love him deeply for that!!

4. He can answer any and all of my computer questions..speaks for itself ya'll...Jay is THE MAN when is comes to computers...

5. He humors me constantly--he doesn't laugh @ my ideas..he lets me implement crazy plans and he just sits back and lets thing unfold in a very natural way...even if he's thinking I have lost my mind...and he NEVER says I told you so....

6. He's an awesome guitar player with a fantastic taste in music.

7. He is extremely funny--there is not a single day that goes by that Jason ceases to crack me up. This is probably THE thing we love to do as a couple the most: LAUGH...at people, with people, at ourselves, with ourselves...Life is waaay to short to not laugh @ least once every single day and even in the midst of our CRAZY lives we always find something to laugh at.....

8. He makes coffee for me every single day of my life!....'nuff said

9. He's not a complainer...He doesn't whine...ever...it's weird; cause I complain ALL the time...it's just what I do...it's like a little hobby of mine...BUT Jason, no, never...gotta love that..

So, those are nine things that I love about Jay...Here are some pics from our special day nine years ago!! Enjoy...









6 comments:

  1. I insisted to Chris that you were wrong about how long you'd been married, bc I didn't think he and I had been together 9 years (we got together right after you got married...that Dec.). He told me he thinks you would know..and he was right. HAHAHA 9 years has really flown by! I forgot what your wedding dress looked like! So pretty! Looking at these makes me want to look at all your wedding pics.
    Also...remember the rehearsal dinner, I spilled a full diet coke all over the table? I am smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, you missed the point of this blog. You are supposed to list 9 reasons why you love me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara:
    I can send you the pics if you really want to see them....And tell Chris that I kept saying Jay and I were married for eight years...I had no clue...Jay kept correcting ME, but I feel like an idiot for not remembering cause we got married in 2000!!! Fairly easy to keep track of how long you've been married....@ least you'd think it would be : )

    I had completely forgotten about that coke...that was funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,

    How have you managed to stay so youthful looking, while I have aged so much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my mistake, I totally missed that in here...
    9 reasons I love Jay:
    1) He pretends his name is Jason
    2) Because I had to, he married my BF
    3) Because he laughs at many of my jokes
    4) Who doesn't love a "rock star"
    5) He keeps me updated on his various lunches via FB
    6) He survived my interrogations when he and D started dating
    7) He let me move in to the guest room for a time
    8) He is somewhat funny
    9) He is also fun to make fun of

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should send me some of those pics, Donna! I'd love to reminisce.
    And yeah...Chris and I just got officially married almost 2 years ago and already sometimes we are like, um, when is our anniversary again?
    Plus........who did your hair that day? It looks cute.

    ReplyDelete