Saturday, June 13, 2009

CHKD 8K--We Did It Ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everyone:

I'm excited, elated, thrilled, shocked, and gloriously happy to report that Jason and I ran the CHKD 8K this morning!!!!!! And guess what??? We actually finished it!!! What an experience!!! Jay had a fantastic time of 48:24 and as for me.....well, I finished @ 74:10!!! I'm proud to say I ran the whole way AND I didn't come in last place!!! I can't believe how far we have come in a few short weeks!!!! It is truly amazing what you can push your body to do!! The race was extremely tough...It was VERY hot and humid. Definitely the most physically exhausting thing I have EVER done (and that includes having three children!!!). I am sooo proud of us as a family. The kids all completed the Children's One Mile Fun Run (thanks to Grams for helping them through while Jay and I were recovering from the race)! What a fantastic way to celebrate Jay's 36th birthday!!! Jay and I have clearly not come down from our runner's high because we are already talking about our next race!!!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!! Team Doak raised $1,630.00!!! Our team, as of today, is one of the highest fundraisers in the ENTIRE race!!! That is because of all of you!! Please know your donations will be going to a fantastic cause and Jay and I were thinking of all of you as we ran!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pictures from our day! Enjoy!!!








Stella, Ashlyn, Quinn before the race




The Doak Family before the race...





clearly, before the race!!!!..........


Jay @ the finish line......



the girls stretching before their one mile race.....










2 comments:

  1. Donna and Jay I am so proud of you...especially u Donna to step up and actually run. Don't stop running now, it will get you in great shape and make the pounds melt away...God Bless you both...Love Aunt Tina Marie....Remind Stella that her and I still have to plan our play date together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, you two!! I can't believe you've caught the running bug... I just don't get it. My mom's obsessed with races. You guys did great though, seriously! Tell Ashlyn that we love the shades-- there's nothing wrong with being stylish. Ask Lauren- she's up to 16 pair of sunglasses now. It's her trademark at school!

    ReplyDelete