Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We Have Started Charging Admission
















It's official. The Doak Family Zoo is open for business and we are charging admission!!!! Kidding, though we do have enough animals around here to certainly entertain guests. Just as we had finally gotten Jay used to the idea that there are live chickens in his house a package containing caterpillars came in the mail. What I keep reminding Jay is the chickens and the caterpillars are TEMPORARY pets. The chickens are going back to the farm and the caterpillars will hopefully transform into Painted Lady butterflies and will be released outside. Then we will be left with only Murphy and Nico (and the new cat I plan on getting to keep Nico company...ha!!).










7 comments:

  1. We can give the caterpillars to the chicks, the chicks to the cat, the cat to the dog and then we are down to only one animal. How does that plan sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't find that particularly funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can tell a lot of thought was put into that plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara:

    I'm sure you're wrong : )

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a genius ... there is nothing which takes much thought for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have revised my opinion.

    ReplyDelete