Monday, July 25, 2011

Funny Story

So, I am home from Mexico and to say this year's trip had an impact on my life would only be scratching the surface of things, but I'm not really quite ready to share what God taught me last week so I thought I'd jump bag into the blogging saddle with a funny story that most of you haven't heard (even those that went on the trip with me).

I'm shoving all the heavy stuff aside right now and offering you this little story in pictures...It made me laugh. Enjoy.


So long story short, I ended up on the mountain with Jim Green's team watching their dedication. Katelyn Maurice and I had decided after the dedication that we were going to go back down into the village and tell the neighborhood kids goodbye. So we hopped in a cargo van with Jim and Katelyn's brother Michael, who was going to translate for us. Well, that was the plan....until Jim's tire strikes a massive rock in the hill that renders us...well, stuck...The pics that follow tell our sweet, funny story...



The van is stuck, so Michael Maurice decides the smartest thing to do would be to well...push it...and of course Katelyn I think it's important to help...by documenting the hilarity of the situation.



The situation is getting serious, thus the need for a very serious face to accompany the very serious pushing...
OK, apparently the face (and the pushing) aren't helping so let's grab a pick ax...ummm pretty much the only loigcal thing to do.
Fernando to save the day....
Apparently American men and Mexican men solve problems the same way....by staring and saying hmmmm a lot....
Ok..clearly that's not working...let's push again...(an continue to take pics while laughing hysterically...it's important to follow this through to the end)...
and back to the pick ax...
Katelyn and I decided it would be much more interesting to creep up on Fernando and pose for incredibly creepy pics...still, of course, contributing lots to the situation at hand..
playing cards in the cargo van, while the tire is being changed....ummm yeah...someone totally swung the pick ax into the tire....


1 comment:

  1. Well Thank GOD you were there to solve this situation!! What ever would they have done without you? :)

    ReplyDelete