Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Book List











So finally after YEARS of taking a break from my beloved hobby of reading, I have resumed it again with a renewed enthusiasm!!! One of my friends recommended the goodreads.com website and I just love it!! You can link your book lists with your friends' lists, get recommendations from friends, create "to read" lists, write book reviews, read you friends reviews. It's a lot of fun...So now I'm swimming in books over here....many are checked out from the library, some I have had sitting around the house for years, others borrowed from friends...So here is what's on my "nightstand," and either I'm currently reading, or about to take the plunge.....








The Time Traveler's Wife
Pillars of the Earth
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
The Complete Idiots Guide To The Bible
An American Tragedy
The Story About Ping
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
The Five Love Languages
A Whole New Mind
I Capture The Castle
The Tipping Point

That's quite a list, for sure...

This is what I have read this Summer:

Snow Flower and The Secret Fan --Lisa See (I'm telling EVERYONE to read this!!! just awesome)
The Memory Keeper's Daughter--Kim Edwards (I'm telling NO ONE to read this : ) ...)
Dead Until Dark--Charlaine Harris
Beautiful Boy, A Father's Journey Through His Son's Meth Addiction--David Sheff
No Right To Remain Silent, The Tragedy @ Virginia Tech--Lucinda Roy
The Mermaid Chair--Sue Monk Kidd
Microtrends The Small Forces Behind Tomorrow's Big Changes--Mark J. Penn
Sea Glass--Anita Shreve
nice little mix of fiction and non fiction!

So, what are your favorites?? What are you reading!!! Get on goodreads.com if you aren't already and we can compare lists!!! Take care!!




















2 comments:

  1. Memory keeper was no good??? I want to see the movie really bad. - Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Time Traveler's Wife...LOVE IT...can't wait to see the movie (and I rarely can't wait to see a movie)

    ReplyDelete